Sustainable Business Management Systems
• SUSTAIN™ Sustainability Management Program
• Sustainable City Planning
• Sustainability Assessment
• Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Consultation
• Greenhouse Gas Inventory
How Sustainability Works in Your Sector
• Sustainability in the public and non-profit sector brings the government, the community, and the private sector together in a collaborative effort to promote a common vision.
• Organizations like ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability – an international association of local, regional and national governments and organizations who have made a commitment to sustainable development – have been created to assist the public sector with sustainability.
• The U.S. Conference of Mayors Climate Protection Agreement requires signatories to: strive to meet or beat the Kyoto Protocol targets in their own communities; urge their state and federal governments to enact policies and programs to meet or beat the greenhouse gas emission reduction target suggested for the United States in the Kyoto Protocol – 7% reduction from 1990 levels by 2012; and urge the U.S. Congress to pass the bipartisan greenhouse gas reduction legislation, which would establish a national emission trading system.
• Baseline assessments are used for sustainability and greenhouse gas emissions to determine where improvements need to be made and what goals should be set.
Environmental, Health and Safety Services